POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fast sky / clouds : Fast sky / clouds Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:34:23 EDT (-0400)
  Fast sky / clouds
From: Rune
Date: 19 Mar 2002 14:36:17
Message: <3c979331@news.povray.org>
Yet another of those stacked plane cloud methods!

On my website I've uploaded the code for the sky I'm using for my WIP desert
landscape image as seen in povray.binaries.images. I've gotten a request for
the code, and also saw a general request for stacked plane clouds here
recently.

My approach is not the most realistic maybe, but as it uses four planes
only, it renders very fast.

If you're interested, have a look at
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/goodies/goodies.html

Please let me know what you think. :)